Olivia Palermo: Style File.

As I never watched The Hills or The City, I'd only seen a handful of photos of Olivia Palermo - usually heading up some best dressed list. Since my internship with Burberry, having watched her take to her seat at the Prorsum Womenswear show in February this year, my fascination with her has grown immensely.

Be it summer or winter, casual or dressy I've never seen Ms. P put a Louboutin stiletto out of place. Below I've chosen a few of my favourite looks of hers and tried my best to explain why they work.

1. Summer in the City
With all this hot weather we've been having here in the UK, I've certainly seen my fair share of exposed, red skin lately. Here Olivia, even though she is flashing her enviable pins and toned arms, manages too look sophisticated. There's no need for heels in this heat so I applaud Olivia for breaking the celebrity tradition of 'heels: anytime, anywhere.' Her simple top knot and oversized, cat-eye sunglasses make this the perfect summer look.


2. Fashion Week Chic
Arriving at the Christian Dior fashion show last September, Olivia definitely turned heads in head-to-toe black. By playing with texture, Olivia kept this outfit from boring onlookers. My eyes literally dart from the fur, to the leather then to the satin dress every time I see this shot. Her up-do works perfectly with the outfit and can you really ever beat a pair of black court shoes?


3. 'Winter White'
I've never understood the winter white look. If it's winter everyone should be wrapped up in maroon chunky knits with charcoal tweed coats over the top... then comes Olivia Palermo absolutely killing an all-white look by teaming it with a fur shrug, amazing tortoise shell glasses and perfect blow out.


4. And so to work...
I think women who dress like this for work must enjoy their job. From experience, not liking a job means zero effort in your wardrobe choices - as well as a terrible work ethic. From the bottom up, Olivia puts her best foot forward in YSL Tribute pumps, then her cigarette pants and blazer are set off with a crisp, white shirt. To top it off, who could miss that glorious Hermes Birkin and Louboutin red manicure?


5. Dog Walking
First off, snaps for walking her own dog. Secondly, this is such a killer outfit. Statement shorts, Givenchy alligator tote, a boyfriend blazer, another white shirt (this time with a subtle pattern) and Dior sunglasses. This outfit is possibly my favourite of Olivia's. Everything works together so well! Love.


6. Happy Hour
What to wear for drinks (be it a date or a catch-up with friends) poses, in my opinion, the hardest outfit decision making process amongst women. When I watch my girl friends get ready, there are so many factors they need to consider: where they will be going, what time they will be out until, will they be dancing etc. Here, Olivia looks put together and ready to take on any bar the city has to offer.


To top it off, her long term boyfriend is incredible too. Just Google Johannes Heubl. You're welcome. 

So there you have it, Olivia Palermo may take Miranda Kerr's style crown... watch this space. Let me know what you think of the looks, or if I am missing some major trendsetter!


No comments:

Post a Comment