Burberry Prorsum - Resort 2014.

In all honesty, the Resort collections never fill me with much excitement. Don't get me wrong, the clothes are often just as beautiful as ones shown at the main shows, I don't know what it is, I'm just not as drawn to it.

However, all this changed last week as I walked around the Burberry showroom and saw the Prorsum Resort 2014 collection. The Jane Birkin and Audrey Hepburn inspired pieces certainly have that wow factor. Heavily embellished eveningwear, intricate lace day dresses and a stunning lilac, fur bomber were all key looks in this wholesome collection.


Below I have highlighted some of my favourite looks, and what I find so special about them.

As men’s tailoring becomes ever more integral to the success of Burberry, Chief Creative Officer Christopher Bailey has responded with sharp tailoring options for women. This skinny black suit, for example, when paired with lace shirts and bright, jewel coloured accessories creates a stunning, modern work look. For those who are daring, the lace skirt is a modern take on the classic pencil skirt.


Now, Burberry wouldn't be where it is now without its impressive array of outerwear. In this collection, one particular wool topcoat really grabbed my attention. The coat’s simple lines and relaxed fit make it modern, and again, the purple bag keeps it fresh for spring. Adding to the idea that colours set the feel of a collection: navy and white always means nautical, candy-like pastels feature heavily in this collection giving an air of youth and playfulness. I love how the relaxed, mint green, knitwear juxtaposes the embellished skirt in the look below. I also feel the need to mention Charlotte Wiggins & Ava Smith, the beaut models.


Building on the mint green theme, there’s this stunning lace day dress which I can see on any Hollywood starlet. But don't worry ladies, all the lace pieces will be sold with a detachable lining (I hear a few sighs of relief). Continuing with the lace theme, this elegant evening coat would look incredible on anyone and over any gown… It’s in this piece that I really feel the Audrey Hepburn influence.


And finally, onto the eveningwear itself, where pieces incorporated both the cut out trend and the embellishment trend. Although the majority of pieces were black and white, there was also a rosey pink midi dress with ruched detail across the bust that was stunning (see above)! See my favourite pieces and the amazing lilac bomber below. Love the white python wedges too!


I know you all think I'm biased as I'm a Burberry employee, but I challenge anyone not to call this collection beautiful. Bravo Christopher!

No comments:

Post a Comment