Emilio Pucci: The Best from Milan.

In my opinion, the collections out of Milan this season were poor. As I've stated in earlier posts, for me, a collection should be simple, chic but with a hint of glamour. I was beginning to lose hope entirely until Peter Dundas at Emilio Pucci sent a late 60s/early 70s inspired parade of simple glamour down the catwalk.

Models pose backstage before the show begins.

Super-short, super-tight mini dresses (a favourite of Dundas') were paired beautifully with thigh high, suede boots in tan and black or patent black stilettos. Shorts were also a key garment in the collection: from embellished to printed to plain, short-shorts were a staple on the Pucci runway.

Dundas famously said "I make clothes that women want to put on and men want to take off' - definitely get this feeling from the collection. There's nothing sexier than an extremely short, almost obscenely so, skirt with only a flash of flesh before the thigh high boots begin.

See my favourite looks from the collection below:






Further to the collection, I found the hair and make-up styling absolutely stunning. Simple, natural and bangs. 3 words that create the perfect beauty look.

First-face Sasha Luss looked simply perfect.

Am I wrong though? Did anyone love the Milan shows? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment