Inside a Prorsum Show.

There are times in a person’s career that they think ‘Yes. This is what all the hard work is for.’ Not to sound cliché, but I experienced that today. After years of loving the fashion industry and longing to attend a major catwalk show, today I attended the Burberry Prorsum Womenswear Autumn/Winter 2013 Show in Kensington Gardens, London.

The star-studded front row wait for the show to start...


A huge crowd of media and fans had gathered at the show space to catch a glimpse of their favourite VIPs.

The collection itself was stunning: modern interpretations of classic pieces – like the Menswear show in January. Texture was a massive trend at the show with rubber garments in camel and red, embellished accessories and clothing and animal prints printed onto many types of fabric. See my collection highlights below including a translucent rubber skirt over heart-print hot pants on Cara Delevingne, a snakeskin pencil skirt, a maroon rubber shift dress and a beautiful studded white 'warrior' dress worn by Jourdan Dunn.


Not only did I get to see the beautiful collection, I got to see some truly major celebrities. I got extremely close to Rita Ora and managed to get an amazing shot of her as she left the show. As well as Ora, guests included Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Kate Beckinsale, Tinie Tempah and Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery. I was completely starstruck.

Rita Ora leaving the Burberry Prorsum Show.

The Burberry Prorsum Show Invitation.

Copious amounts of lights to brighten the runway.

I even made it into one of Burberry's official pictures: Far right, back row.

I will not forget this day in a hurry. The celebrities, the clothes, the models, the atmosphere were all amazing. I still feel on a high from it all. Hopefully it'll be the first of many that I'll get to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment